We fabricated a new floating panel for this beech to accommodate a flush mounted Aspen Avionics EFD 1000P.
- We laid out the panel using a CAD program that allows us to see the instrument in one color and the actual cut out in another to assure we have adequate spacing between instruments before we actually cut the panel.
- Then the new panel is cut on our 3 axis CNC router, only a CNC can cut perfectly straight square holes or round holes with the appropriate notches for the altimeter or an instrument.
- The back plate for the flush mount EFD 1000P is also cut on our CNC out of 6061.
- The panel is then etched and Alodined to meet Mil & QPC specifications for corrosion protection.
- Decretive coatings and silk screened placards are applied, you will notice the factory look of silk screened placards – much better than some sticker from a label maker.
We think this is what you would expect to come in a factory-new aircraft… But go ahead and look at the slideshow and you decide.